|Name of academic qualification||Bachelor in Economic Informatics|
|Cycle of study programme||First Cycle Studies|
|Name and status of awarding institution||University of Tirana, Faculty of Economy, Public Institution|
|Language(s) of teaching/examination||Albanian|
|Duration of study programme||3 years|
|Delivery of study||Full time|
|Entry requirement(s)||High School Diploma, "State Matura Examination"|
Objectives and overview of the study programme
The main objective of the Bachelor in Economic Informatics Programme is to give students the basic knowledge in the fields of applied informatics, databases, programming and multimedia, required for their qualification as specialists of applied informatics in business, capable to work in small and medium private companies, public sector units, non-profit sector etc., and able to enroll in advanced study programmes in these areas. In order to achieve these objectives, the program provides insights into several areas, such as programming languages, computer architecture, operating systems, algorithms and data structure etc., combined with basic knowledge from other fields, such as statistics, econometrics, applied mathematics, micro and macroeconomics etc.
The knowledge and skills gained by the students through this programme will enable them to pursue an academic or research career through the enrollment in the second cycle of studies, master of science or professional master, thus increasing their professional career opportunities.
- General qualification disciplines: Mathematics 1, Introduction to Economics, Mathematics 2, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Basic Statistics, Applied Statistics;
- Special qualification disciplines: Introduction to Informatics, Algorithms, Java Programming, Computer systems’ organization, Data structures, Computer architecture and evaluation, Operating systems, C++ Programming, Data communication and networks, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Database theory, Web programming, Management Inqualification Systems;
- Similar or/and integrative disciplines:Marketing, Management, Financial Accounting, Financial management;
- Elective disciplines:Multimedia/Computer Graphics/Application software, Business ethics/Innovation;
- Additional qualification disciplines:Foreign language 1, Foreign language 2, Academic writing, Legal issues in Informatics;
The student's assessment scheme runs from mark 1 to 10 which have the following meaning: 1-4 fail, 5-6 sufficient, 7 satisfactory, 8 good, 9 very good, 10 excellent.
Exams are evaluated on a point basis system, the result of which is converted into marks based on the following schema:
|4||up to 40 points|
Access to further study
The student who owns a Bachelor degree in Business Administration is eligible to pursue a second cycle study programme.
Employment opportunities and professional qualification
The student who owns such a degree can be employed in institutions, organizations, companies (public or private), as a specialist or manager in the relevant field of study. The basic professional profile prepared through this program is the specialist of applied informatics in business. He is able to work in the IT sector, in public and private enterprises.
|1||Introduction to Informatics||7||75||I|
|5||Introduction to Economics||5||60||I|
|6||Foreign language 1||3||30||I|
|12||Foreign language 2||3||30||II|
|Total First Year||60||645|
|Total Second Year||59||615|
|1||Data Communication and Networks||6||60||I|
|Elective Subjects 1|
|5||Management Information Systems||7||75||I|
|6||Legal issues in Informatics||4||45||II|
|Elective Subjects 2|
|Total Third Year||61||660|
|Total 1st + 2nd + 3rd Year||180||1955|