|Name of academic qualification||Bachelor in Business Administration|
|Cycle of study programme||First Cycle Studies|
|Name and status of awarding institution||Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana, Public Institution|
|Language(s) of teaching/examination||Albanian|
|Duration of study programme||3 years|
|Delivery of study||Full Time|
|Entry requirement(s)||High School Diploma, "State Matura Examination"|
Objectives and overview of the study programme
The main objective of the Bachelor in Business Administration Programme is to give students the basic knowledge in the fields of management and marketing, required for their qualification as specialists in business administration and marketing, capable to work in small and medium private companies, public sector units, non-profit sector etc., and able to enroll in advanced study programmes in these areas. In order to achieve these objectives, the program provides insights into several areas, such as management, marketing, finance, accounting, informatics and statistics, micro and macroeconomics, trade legislation, etc.
The knowledge and skills gained by the students through this programme, will enable them to pursue an academic or research career through the enrollment in the second cycle of studies, master of science or professional master, thus increasing their professional career opportunities. In particular, with the following additional qualifications, graduates in this programme can teach in high schools the subjects of management and marketing.
- General qualification disciplines: Introduction to Economics, Business Mathematics, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Basics of Statistics, Applied Statistics;
- Special qualification disciplines: Basics of Marketing, Management, Basics of Finance, Business Ethics, Basic Principles of Accounting, Financial Accounting, Investments, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Organization Behaviour, Strategic Management, International Management, Managerial and Cost Accounting, Marketing Management, Financial Management;
- Similar or/and integrative disciplines: Business Communication, Informatics, Business Law;
- Elective disciplines: Academic Writting/Sociology, Inovation/Brand Management, Language Culture/Foreign Language 3;
- Additional qualification disciplines: Foreign language 1, Foreign language 2;
The student's assessment scheme runs from mark 1 to 10 which have the following meaning: 1-4 fail, 5-6 sufficient, 7 satisfactory, 8 good, 9 very good, 10 excellent.
Exams are evaluated on a point basis system, the result of which is converted into marks based on the following schema:
|4||up to 40 points|
Access to further study
The student who owns a Bachelor degree in Business Administration is eligible to pursue a second cycle study programme.
Employment opportunities and professional qualification
The student who owns such a degree can be employed in institutions, organizations, companies (public or private), as a specialist or manager in the relevant field of study.
|1||Introduction to Economics||7||75||I|
|2||Fundamentals of Marketing||6||60||I|
|5||Foreign Language 1||4||60||I|
|8||Communication in Business||6||60||II|
|9||Basics of Finance||6||60||II|
|10||Foreign Language 2||4||60||II|
|Total First Year||58||615|
|3||Basic Principles of Accounting||6||60||I|
|4||Basics of Statistics||6||60||I|
|Foreign Language 3|
|Total Second Year||59||607|
|1||Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management||5||60||I|
|2||Human Resource Management||6||60||I|
|7||Managerial and Cost Accounting||5||60||II|
|Total Third Year||63||705|
|Total 1st + 2nd + 3rd Year||180||1927|