|Name of academic qualification||Master of Science in Information Security|
|Cycle of study programme||Second Cycle Studies|
|Name and status of awarding institution||Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana, Public Institution|
|Language(s) of teaching/examination||Albanian|
|Duration of study programme (years)||2 years|
|Delivery of study||Full time|
Entry requirement(s) in this study programme
Students who have completed a bachelor program in Economic Informatics at the Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana, are admitted in the Master program without any additional requirement of fulfilling basic educational knowledge. Students who have completed a bachelor program in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Informatic Engineering branch in other Faculties (public / private - national / foreign) may be accepted after formal recognition of their diplomas under relevant regulations of the Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana, and after completing their basic educational knowledge.
Objectives and overview of the study programme
The main goal of this study program is the qualification of the young generation of professionals, with the proper knowledge and experience for building more secure computer systems. It aims to offer students theoretical knowledge and the necessary skills and practical tools in the field of information security, in order to be successful in this challenging, but very useful and necessary field.
Some of the objectives of this program are:
- Graduates will be able to form and apply policies and solutions demonstrating a vast accumulation of basic knowledge related to security and to the real applications of information technology ;
- Graduates will be able to show consistent knowledge regarding information security strategies and apply that knowledge in evaluating a certain information security event and in devising a proper plan to solve it.
- Graduates will develop an information security approach balancing organizational needs with its requirements over confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Graduates will be able to identify information security issues, use the knowledge they received, investigate causes and potential solutions, and devise theoretically based strategies in scientific research and development in the information security field
- Graduates will be able to analyze and design information security techniques and protective measures, including specific system-related policies, security countermeasures and network access control.
- Graduates will be able to implement standardized methods for minimizing risk through implementing best principles and practices of information security
- Graduates will be able to evaluate security solutions, necessary for designing and building a security architecture including attack discovery, protective infrastructure, penetration tests and vulnerability analysis
- Graduates will be able to develop the practical experience needed for planning, establishing and governing the information systems security audit according to the requirements from the standard security framework
- Graduates will be able to develop proper communication skills for being professionals in the field of information security;
The student's assessment scheme runs from mark 1 to 10 which have the following meaning: 1-4 fail, 5-6 sufficient, 7 satisfactory, 8 good, 9 very good, 10 excellent.
Exams are evaluated on a point basis system, the result of which is converted into marks based on the following schema:
|4||up to 50 points|
Access to further study
Eligible to enroll in the third cycle of studies (PhD in the field of Information Systems).
Employment opportunities and professional qualification
After completing this program of study, the graduates will have a large number of opportunities in developing their careers as professionals in such profiles as the following:
- Information Systems Security Officer
- Security Database Administrator
- IT Project Manager
- Information Systems Manager etc.
|2||Secure Database Management||6||60||I|
|3||Software Engineering and Security Trends||6||60||I|
|5||Information Systems Analysis and Design||6||60||I|
|6||Advanced Issues in Information Security||6||60||II|
|8||Security Planning and Incident Management||7||75||II|
|9||Information Security Economics||6||60||II|
|10||Theories and Mobile Apps||6||60||II|
|Total First Year||62||630|
|1||Information Systems Security||7||75||I|
|3||Biometrics||10 (5*2)||120 (60*2)||I|
|E-commerce/ Secure e-business|
|Modeling and Simulation in Informatics|
|Security in Wireless Communication|
|Modeling and Risk Analysis|
|Law in Information Security|
|Organizational nd Human Aspects of Information Security|
|Legal Digital Proof|
|Total Second Year||58||555|
|Total Year I+II||120||1185|