|Name of academic qualification||Professional Master in European Economic Studies|
|Cycle of study programme||Second Cycle Studies|
|Name and status of awarding institution||Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana, Public Institution|
|Language(s) of teaching/examination||Albanian|
|Duration of study programme (years)||1.5 years|
|Delivery of study||Full time|
Entry requirement(s) in this study programme
- Diploma of first cycle studies from the Faculty of Economics, UT
- Diploma of first cycle studies from other public and non public faculties of economy, domestic and foreign, after making their recognition under the relevant regulations of the FEUT.
- Diploma of first cycle studies in mathematics, physics, computing, engineering from other public and non public faculties, domestic and foreign, after making their recognition under the relevant regulations of the FEUT and the Economics Department.
Objectives and overview of the study programme
The study program "Master in European Economic Studies" invites students to see the process of European integration beyond the bounds of a discipline and gives them a complex sense in a wide context of the European Union. In this context, this program analyzes the phenomenon of European integration by exceeding the limits of an academic discipline. This program also responds to the growing needs for specialized professionals in several aspects of the issues of the EU, taking into account the economic problems in the framework of European integration.
This study program developed in Albania, a country that aspires to integrate into the EU, allows students:
-to understand and be part of the evolution of political experiences and social-economic development of Albania and other member countries from central and eastern Europe;
-to become familiar with the new policies developed by the EU;
-to influence with their knowledge in these new reports generated by the EU enlargement process.
The purpose of this program is the qualification of a flexible professional figure, able to withstand the dynamics of current economic developments and to act as an intermediary between different theoretical realities on the one hand and different modern economic practices from the other hand in the field of European economic integration.
The study programme in "Master of Science in Economics" aims to help students
- to develop their analytical skills
- to increase their capacity for abstract analysis
- to use data analysis tools
to be prepared as professional economists in the development of the economic policies and settlement concrete issues related to the field of European economic integration. Subjects developed during the program, combines rigorous analytical study with a detailed study of the current economic problems and situations in the context of European economic integration.
The student's assessment scheme runs from mark 1 to 10 which have the following meaning: 1-4 fail, 5-6 sufficient, 7 satisfactory, 8 good, 9 very good, 10 excellent.
Exams are evaluated on a point basis system, the result of which is converted into marks based on the following schema:
|4||up to 50 points|
Employment opportunities and professional qualification
- Students with diploma in this field can work in prominent positions in organizations such as the Central Bank, other domestic and foreign commercial banks, high financial supervisory authorities, etc;
- - Students with diploma in this field can work in local and foreign associations as an economist and curator of international relations, as well as in public administration, local authorities, etc; Students with diploma in this field can work in agencies, research institutes, SMEs and large businesses.
- - Gradute students in this field can follow third cycle studies (doctorate studies) in Economics in Albania or abroad after achieving the required number of credits.
Study Programme details
|4||EU Institutions and Laws||6||60||I|
|5||Economics of European Economic Integration||6||60||I|
|6||Economics of the Public Sector (Intermediate)||6||60||II|
|7||International Trade - Theory and Politics||6||60||II|
|8||Monetary and Fiscal Policies in the EU||6||60||II|
|Open Macroeconomics – International Finance|
|11||Special Seminar on Economic Policy in Albania and the EU||6||60||III|