|Name of academic qualification||Professional Master in Information Systems in Economy|
|Cycle of study programme||Second Cycle Studies|
|Name and status of awarding institution||Faculty of Economics, University of Tirana, Public Institution|
|Language(s) of teaching/examination||AlbanianAlbanian|
|Duration of study programme (years)||1.5 vjet|
|Delivery of study||Full time|
Entry requirement(s) in this study programme
Students who have completed a bachelor program in Economic Informatics branch in the Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana, are admitted in the Master program without any additional requirement of fulfilling basic educational knowledge. Students who have completed a bachelor program in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology or Informatic Engineering branch in other Faculties (public / private - national / foreign) may be accepted after formal recognition of their diplomas under relevant regulations of the Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana, and after completing their basic educational knowledge.
Objectives and overview of the study programme
The main goal of this study programme is the qualification of professionals in information systems, able to integrate IT-based solutions with business processes, in order to fulfill the business needs for information, thus achieving goals in an effective and efficient way.
Some of the objectives of this programme are:
- Graduates will be able to solve economic problems by identifying, analyzing, developing and implementing IS-based systems
- Graduates will be able to maintain the up-to-date knowledge from the methodologies and new trends, in order to address the business critical needs regarding the daily requirements, activities and strategic goals.
- Graduates will be able to plan, manage, organize and participate in work groups and group projects, enabling them to acmehieve successful information systems solutions within the organization
- Graduates will be able to understand the computer functionalities and applications in the information systems environment and then apply these knowledge within the organization, its structure and main processes
- Graduates will be able to show how they understand and apply ethical considerations to all problems experienced in the information systems environment.
- Graduates will develop their skills on analytical planning, strategical and research planning and also project management.
The student's assessment scheme runs from mark 1 to 10 which have the following meaning: 1-4 fail, 5-6 sufficient, 7 satisfactory, 8 good, 9 very good, 10 excellent.
Exams are evaluated on a point basis system, the result of which is converted into marks based on the following schema:
|4||up to 50 points|
Employment opportunities and professional qualification
After completing this program of study, the student has accumulated all the necessary skills as an information systems expert, with a high level of theoretical and practical knowledge. This degree enables him to be employed in central and local government institutions, research institutions, organizations, companies (public or private), various associations, etc. as a specialist in the relevant field of study. After completing the program, thanks to the knowledge gained, the student is trained to develop a successful career as an independent professional.
|1||Advanced Web Programming||6||60||I|
|2||Information Systems Security||6||60||I|
|3||Database Analysis and Design||7||75||I|
|4||Data Communication in Business||6||60||I|
|5||Time Series Analysis||6||60||I|
|8||Information Systems Analysis and Design||7||75||II|
|Elective Subject 1|
|Knowledge Managing Systems|
|Information Systems in Accounting|
|Simulation Methods in Business|
|Financial Statements Analysis|
|11||Special Course in Informatics||6||60||II|
Elective Subject 3:
1.Image Processing; 2.GIS; 3.Criptography.
Note: The student elects two of the group with three subjects